PONANT invites you on a 9-day cruise between the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, departing from Dubai. Come aboard Le Bougainville, and set off to discover the treasures of the desert of the Arabian Peninsula.
From fascinating and futuristic Dubai, your ship will take you toward Abu Dhabi, the booming capital of the United Arab Emirates. You will be able to make the most of this day to visit the fantastic new Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum and the Grand Mosque, one of the largest in the world.
You will then stop off at the nature reserve of the island of Sir Bani Yas, a veritable wildlife sanctuary, before setting sail for Doha in Qatar. In this city blending tradition and modernity, next to the most recent skyscrapers, you will discover a superb museum home to treasures of Islamic art and the sparkling colors of the Waqif souk which brings the heart of the old town to life.
Le Bougainville will then drop anchor in Khasab, the gateway to the sublime “fjords of Arabia” that you will be able to explore aboard a traditional boat, before arriving in the Gulf of Oman.
Fujairah lies between the Persian Gulf, lush mountains, and fertile plains. From the city, it is possible to take an excursion into the surrounding mountains and visit many architectural sites including Fujairah Fort, built in 1670, or Al Bidya Mosque, the oldest mosque in the United Arab Emirates.
At the end of your cruise, do not miss out on visiting Muscat, your final port, and its Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, which is like a palace from the Arabian Nights.
GET A NON-BINDING PRICE QUOTE
directly from our Luxury Travel Consultant at 360 Private Travel
choose your travel dates to receive rates for your next cruise vacation
- An itinerary discovering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Oman.
- Discovery of the treasures of Islamic culture, between tradition and modernity.
- Overnight stay in Dubai
- Visit the Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum
- Discovery of exceptional natural sites: the “fjords of Arabia”, canyons and oases, deserts of dunes.
- From Abu Dhabi: visit of the Cultural Sites of Al Ain, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- After your cruise: from Muscat, the possibility of visiting the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, and the Nizwa Fort.