Explore the coasts of the Tyrrhenian Sea beginning with an overnight call on clifftop Sorrento, from which you can also visit nearby Capri or the ruins of Pompei.
Then spend two days on Corsica, where a French Riviera vibe meets a wealth of history in the birthplace of Napoleon.
You’ll find the emperor’s exile to Elba was hardly a punishment when you discover this island’s gorgeous beaches and laid-back attitude.
GET A NON-BINDING PRICE QUOTE
directly from our Luxury Travel Consultant at 360 Private Travel
choose your travel dates to receive rates for your next cruise vacation
- Sorrento. This port on Italy’s southern coast overlooking the Bay of Naples is a popular starting place to see all of the pretty towns along the famous Amalfi Coast, but don’t miss the charms of Sorrento itself. The town is perched on cliffs high above the marinas and port below. Visit the 8th-century Cloisters of San Francesco and the Sorrento Cathedral, started in the 15th century with many additions made over time. Relax at a café in Piazza Tasso, the hub of the town. From Sorrento it is also possible to take an excursion to the UNESCO-listed ruins of Pompeii and the mighty volcano Vesuvius.
- Ajaccio – Corsica. With its beautiful pastel-hued historic core and stylish waterfront promenade, it’s no surprise that Corsica’s pretty capital is always buzzing with activity. Visit the house where Napoleon Bonaparte was born in 1769; head west along the coast to chill out at Ariane beach or Marinella beach; indulge in some fascinating people-watching at an Old Town café; or take a stroll along the waterfront, which is full of sun-worshipers by day and party people by night. At the end of the day, order yourself a hearty serving of Corsica’s signature dish, civet de sanglier (wild boar casserole) and wash it down with a glass of the wonderful local wine. You’ll find the best bars along Boulevard Pascal Rossini on the waterfront or along Roi de Rome in the Old Town.
Check out Cruiseteau’s How To Cruise Guide for First-Time Cruisers
Through the Virtuoso Voyages program, you’ll receive added benefits when you book through a Virtuoso travel advisor.
- Dedicated onboard hosts
- Private welcome reception
- Exclusive shore excursions, from VIP tours to outings with a private car and driver
- Shipboard credits and specialty dining options